Beyond Staffing: 5 Benefits of Recruitment Consulting Services
Ask 10 employers what a recruiting firm does and you’ll likely get a similar response from each: hire new employees. While that’s true, the full answer goes much deeper, and it underscores the value of recruiting agencies at a time when hiring is at a premium.
Together with traditional recruitment, the ability to provide recruitment consulting services is proving to be a game-changer in a rapidly evolving workplace. Whether an organization has outsourced its HR and recruiting functions entirely, or its current department needs help in a historically challenging job market, tapping into recruitment consulting services is an effective way to address current needs and build a stronger approach for the future.
5 ways recruitment consulting services make a difference
The beauty of recruitment consulting services is that they can be tailored to each individual situation. Have no HR department or hiring manager? No problem, a talent acquisition plan can be built from the ground up, and then supported as needed. Already have an HR and recruiting team but need a boost, strategically and/or tactically? That’s fine, too, as consultants work with the team to help strengthen an existing operation.
Within the consulting space, there is a range of expertise that companies that can tap into. Here are 5 areas where recruitment consulting services make a difference.
1) Reviewing your hiring process. A firm that spends 24/7/365 recruiting employees is well-positioned to look under the hood of your hiring process to determine what’s working, what isn’t, and how to get things on track. It starts by understanding how time and resources are being allocated, and then offering recommendations on the best ways to direct them to maximize productivity.
2) Assessing your technology. How often do you have an opportunity to evaluate the tools and technology you’re using? From job boards and social media, to ATSs and software for skills testing and reference checking, an outside expert can triage those areas, gauge whether they’re serving your needs, and suggest ways to simplify them.
3) Upgrading your candidate experience. The way a candidate is treated, from the moment they apply through the interview process, is critically important. In fact, it will influence whether or not they accept a position with your company, and could also sway others from either following them or staying away. Ensuring everyone knows their part in the hiring process will improve that experience and keep recruitment on track.
4) Expediting hiring. Whether an organization focuses on one area or addresses the entire hiring process, they can’t help but improve efficiency. That, in turn, will accelerate hiring, which means faster access to top talent and an increased chance of landing top candidates.
5) Improving results while lowering costs. Imagine hiring better candidates, faster, and spending less money to do it. When recruitment consulting services are used effectively, that’s exactly what happens, as wasted time and resources that hamstring hiring are removed from the equation.
Alaant Workforce Solutions offers a full line of Recruitment Consulting Services that fit organizations of all sizes, across many industries, and give them an advantage in ramping recruiting while saving money. Interested in learning more? Contact us today and let’s get the conversation started!
Tom Schin, Director, Talent Acquisition Partnerships & Recruiting Consulting Services
When he’s not working, Tom is an avid board game enthusiast, from Catan to Canasta, who makes sure game night is fun for everyone (even though they’ll probably lose). He’s also fond of celebrating his status as a child of the ‘80s by watching Star Wars, listening to U2, and reminiscing about his (gone-but-not-forgotten) Andre Agassi haircut.